Monday, July 25, 2011

Misery Loves Company

My apologies to my faithful reader(s) for not posting last week. I have been so incredibly busy with my upcoming plays that I did not have time to post.

Click here for details by the way.

I really don't have time this week either but I didn't want you to think that I had given up. Rest assured, as soon as my schedule frees up I will be right back at it. Flogging myself as usual.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to play a round of Pitch and Putt golf with my nephew. A strapping young lad of sixteen years. Now I know what you're thinking. "He has his whole life ahead of him. Why are you dragging this poor young man into this nightmarish game?"

The answer is, I am an incredibly selfish human being. For one thing, as you may recall, Pitch and Putt golf is significantly easier and therefore I was able to just kick his ass all over the course. Which is a huge respite from getting my ass kicked by the golf course. For, while I still sucked, I was way better than he was.

Second, it gave me the opportunity to be one of those know-it-alls that I despise. Although in my defense, he would ask me for tips which I was more than happy to provide him with. For you see, even though I don't know much, I definitely know more than he does. (Ego boost.)

Finally, I just enjoyed spending time with him. Yeah, that's right. I said it. He's a cool kid and I actually enjoy his company. I mean it's always a little tricky having one on one conversations with any teenager (no matter how mature and cool they are) but it was really nice to able to bond over a round of mutual suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment