Monday, July 11, 2011

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

"Lay off for three weeks, and then quit for good."
-Anonymous

This week I actually did nothing as far as golf was concerned.

Absolutely nothing.

I didn't tackle the infamous Van Corlandt, I didn't go to the driving range, I didn't even have a brief tune up at the Pitch and Putt. No, this week I chose to take a little break from the obsessive-compulsive behavior of chasing an ecstasy-filled high that the golf game has so stingily provided.

And while I can't say that I've kicked the habit, I can say that it has been a nice little break. It's been nice to have a week that doesn't involve being so driven to accomplish such an elusive goal. It's actually been nice focusing on a couple of other things.

For instance, I've just started rehearsals for 2 plays in rep: Othello and Much Ado About Nothing. I will be playing Othello and Benedick. Click here for details.

But other than shamelessly promoting my acting career, I've enjoyed a fairly relaxed attitude that I hope I can bring to the golf course next week. I will then conquer that golf course and make it run home crying to its mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment