Monday, June 20, 2011

Redemption!

Photo: U.S. Open winner Rory McIlroy



Before you get excited, the title of this week's blog does not refer to my redemption. Alas, I have yet to be so fortunate. I am, however, referring to the redemption of the young, talented golfer known as Rory McIlroy.

As you may recall, Mr. McIlroy did not fair so well at The Masters earlier this year. He had a lead going into the final round then had a bit of a meltdown. Well, The U.S. Open, the second major championship of the year, has come and gone and Rory McIlroy has emerged victorious. And not only did he win, but he won in record-setting fashion.

Once again, for better or for worse, I've been inspired by this young man's resilience. Perhaps I too, can find a way to overcome my past shortfalls. That with dedication, hard-work, and a positive attitude, I can actually achieve the level of success that I have, heretofore, only dreamed of.

And if that could happen sooner rather than later, that would be great. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment