Monday, June 6, 2011

Pitch and Putt (The Remix)

"If profanity had an influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be played far better than it is. "
~Horace G. Hutchinson

I seriously have to consider just keeping any and all future golf excursions to the Pitch and Putt style golf courses. At the very least, it doesn't wreak havoc on my self-esteem. Don't get me wrong, it definitely has it's share of rage-inducing moments. But they are a little bit fewer and farther between than on the full course.

Here's an example of one. I was on the 10th hole. It was about 40 yards to the green. I hit a beautiful wedge shot that landed about 6 inches from the cup. Practically a gimme. Notice I said, "Practically." I blew the freaking putt!! Lipped out. I actually think the resulting par putt was longer. Golf Gods: 1,285. Me: 8

That aside, I think my favorite aspect of the whole pitch and putt course is that the chances of losing a golf ball are reduced DRAMATICALLY. When the longest hole is 80 yards, losing a ball is pretty much impossible. (Knock wood.) Not to mention that you never really have to swing that hard. And the harder you swing, the farther the ball goes...out of bounds.

With the money I'm saving on having to buy golf balls, the pitch and putt is practically paying for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment