Thursday, April 19, 2012

I Have Returned

"Every time I try to get out, they keep pulling me back in."
-Michael Corleone

So the world may be ending due to global warning but the good news is that it gives me more opportunities to suffer (I mean play golf). However, in this week's posting, I plan to catch you all up on a couple of changes that have occurred during my brief hiatus.

First and foremost, my wife and I had our first child on February 21. (Hold your applause) His name is Colin and he's only the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen in my life. (No, I am NOT biased).

And while I'm a very proud and dedicated new father, I am still a very ashamed and dedicated golf fanatic. Don't get me wrong. If I'm faced with the choice of feeding my child or playing a round of golf, I'm confident that my child would win. But at the same time, I can't just abandon all the hard work and lost golf balls that I've been putting into this sport over the past 10 plus years or so.

So with some expert planning and clever budgeting (bye bye new...well, anything), I will continue to make my way out to the links and conquer that bastion of evil I like to call Van Cortlandt.

Secondly, and I don't want to jinx this (which I just did), but before the last season ended, I was actually (lean in a little closer please. I don't want to say this too loudly) feeling pretty good about my swing. (You didn't hear that from me)

I'm just saying I may have to change the name of this blog to The Wildly Successful Golfer in the near future.

Mark my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment